These flavorful cheese-stuffed dates with chopped almonds are a simple and delicious treat that everybody will enjoy. Why not have a peek at it? Are you a regular host or guest at holiday dinners? Whatever your function is, I believe it may be hectic until the dinner is served. Let’s stave off temptation with a convenient and simple appetizer that will tide you over till the main course!
- 12 Medjool dates
- 4 ounces (113 grams) of cream cheese or goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Honey, for drizzling (optional)
Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
Using a small knife, make a lengthwise slit in each date, being careful not to cut all the way through. Gently remove the pit from each date.
Take a small amount (about 1 teaspoon) of cream cheese or goat cheese and stuff it into the cavity of each date where the pit was. Press the sides of the date together to enclose the cheese filling. Repeat this process for all the dates.
Place the stuffed dates on the prepared baking sheet and bake them in the preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes, or until the dates are slightly softened and the cheese is warm and gooey.
While the dates are baking, chop the almonds into small pieces.
Once baked, remove the dates from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
Sprinkle the chopped almonds over the stuffed dates, pressing them gently into the cheese filling.
If desired, drizzle a little honey over the cheese-stuffed dates for added sweetness.
Serve the Cheese-Stuffed Dates with Chopped Almonds as an appetizer or snack. They can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature.
These Cheese-Stuffed Dates with Chopped Almonds offer a delightful combination of sweet, creamy cheese, and crunchy almonds. They make for an elegant and tasty appetizer, and the natural sweetness of the dates pairs perfectly with the savory cheese and nutty almonds.
The Cheese-Stuffed Dates with Chopped Almonds recipe provides several health benefits. Here are some of them:
- Nutritional Value: Dates are a good source of fiber, potassium, and antioxidants. They provide natural sugars for energy and contain essential minerals like magnesium and copper. Almonds are rich in healthy fats, protein, fiber, vitamin E, and various minerals. Cream cheese or goat cheese provides calcium, protein, and other essential nutrients.
- Protein and Healthy Fats: The combination of cheese and almonds in this recipe provides protein and healthy fats. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissues, supporting immune function, and maintaining satiety. Healthy fats are important for brain health, hormone production, and the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
- Fiber Content: Dates and almonds both contribute to the fiber content of this recipe. Fiber aids in digestion, helps regulate blood sugar levels, and promotes feelings of fullness, which can aid in weight management.
- Antioxidant Properties: Dates and almonds contain antioxidants that help protect the body from harmful free radicals and oxidative stress. These antioxidants may have anti-inflammatory properties and play a role in reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
- Nutrient Density: This recipe combines nutrient-dense ingredients like dates, almonds, and cheese. Nutrient-dense foods provide a variety of vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial compounds while being relatively low in calories. Including such foods in your diet can help meet your nutritional needs and support overall health.
It’s important to note that while this recipe offers health benefits, it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Additionally, individual nutritional needs may vary, so it’s always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian for personalized dietary advice.