- What happens to your energy levels during weight loss?
- How can dates help with my energy?
- What are some other healthy food sources of energy?
We all need a boost of energy. We might have a lot going on during our day. We might also be starting a workout session. Drinking large amounts of caffeine in the form of coffee or energy drinks may be tempting. However, there are healthier alternatives to stay energized throughout the day. One example are dates! They are healthy little snacks with a surprising amount of nutrients. Dates may help you achieve all your goals for the day.
What happens to your energy levels during weight loss and how can you keep them up?
Everyone has different experiences with their energy levels. This is especially true during their weight loss journey. When you first start exercising it is easy to see success. That motivation alone can provide you with energy. But we must also look beyond your mental strength. How can your energy levels be affected through eating, working out, and sleep?
When you want to lose weight, you are likely going to be in a calorie deficit. A calorie deficit is when you are eating less calories than your body needs. This means you are eating less food than what you need to maintain your current weight. Thus, it will enable you to lose weight. You also need it so you can work out in the gym or at home. If you eat too few calories, your body can enter starvation mode. This happens when you are consistently not consuming enough calories. When this happens our body starts to hold on to fat. It may even store fat instead of burning it. Your body becomes afraid that it won’t be getting enough nutrients soon. This can cause a setback with your weight loss.
Starvation mode is important to keep in mind. It may be hard to consistently eat less than what you’re used to. It is important to do thorough research. We recommend consulting with a dietician to find what caloric intake is best for you. It is important to find the right number to both help you lose weight and keep your energy levels up.
The process is not over once you find out how many calories you should be eating. You might find it difficult to know exactly what you should be eating. Some of us are inclined to eat food that we can get a hold of conveniently. However, it may not be the ideal source of nutrients. For example, some might choose to grab a candy bar at a gas station. They might think that it’s cheap and the sugar will give you a spike of energy. Some might go through a drive-through on the way home from work instead. They might be thinking they’re too tired to cook at home.
Making these decisions is very understandable. In fact, I bet we all do it! However, it is important to remember that your end goal is weight loss. In that case, nutrient-dense foods are the best way to go.
- Dates are great for when you need to raise your energy levels. This is perfect when you are trying to lose weight. They are very high in nutrients! It will be able to healthily fuel your body during the process of weight loss. It will also prevent you from overeating.
- There are many vitamins and minerals that play a big role in your daily energy levels. One of the most impactful out of all them is magnesium. It may be a bit difficult to identify when you are deficient. Make sure to look out for signs of fatigue and weakness. The average adult needs 400 mg daily. Some great food choices are spinach, greens, nuts, and seeds. They also contain large amounts of other nutrients. These can help your body function optimally during weight loss.
- You may find yourself exercising more and eating a bit less. Once this happens, your sleep becomes deeper. It is ideal to get 7-9 hours of sleep every night. This is because your body is working hard throughout the weight loss process. We recommend having a regular sleep schedule. This will help keep your energy levels up during weight loss.
How can dates help me with energy?
We all want more energy every day. It might be to get us through our exercise routine or to help us complete our to-do list. What is a great and effective snack? Dates! These small fruits are high in numerous nutrients. They also provide the body with energy. They are super convenient to snack on. Dates are made up of 70% carbohydrates. This is the macronutrient that provides the most energy. They also contain high amounts of fiber. This will help you feel full. It will help encourage your weight loss. You will likely consume fewer calories.
Nutrients are always very important for fueling the body. Did you know that dates are high in fiber, minerals, and antioxidants? A serving of 100 grams of dates contains 8 grams of fiber! It also has over 9% of the recommended daily allowance of B2, B3, B6, and B9. We recommend the average American to consume 40 grams of fiber daily. But don’t worry there are not very many calories in fiber. This makes fiber-rich foods like dates ideal for weight loss and energy.
What are some other healthy food sources of energy?
Avocados are a great source of energy. They also contain high amounts of healthy fats. Your body takes a while to process fats. This means you will stay satisfied for longer. Just make sure to not eat too much. They are high in calories!
Beans and legumes are great options. They contain high amounts of fiber that help keep you full.
Cruciferous vegetables are known for promoting weight loss. They are not low in calories. They are also high in both fiber and water.
Flax and chia seeds are rich in fats. They also aid in the digestive tract. They have also been known to increase your metabolism.
Fermented foods are slowly emerging. They are known as key ingredients for keeping your gut healthy. Fermented foods can contain millions of different cultures of helpful bacteria. Having these little armies in the gut can help with absorbing nutrients. This will help keep you feeling full and energized.
Sweet potatoes and yams are great examples of complex carbs. We recommend them because they gradually give you a steady increase in energy.
Whole grain oats can help deliver you energy. It also aids in regulating your blood glucose levels.
Are you on a weight journey? Or are you working hard every day to achieve your goals? In both cases, an energy boost is always helpful. There are different things you must consider when going through your exercise regime. We recommend consuming dates before your workout for that extra kick! You must also try to get enough sleep. Finally, make sure your calorie intake is right for you. Don’t forget to add the foods listed above to your grocery list! This will help make you feel more powerful and able daily!
We thank you so much for taking the time to expand your knowledge by reading this article. We would like to remind you that it is important to consult your doctor before making any important changes. It is important because it could impact your health.
The journey to weight loss is never easy. But, consuming the right energy to feel motivated in doing work should be our priority. Dates can give us the right amount of energy to feel the need to move and be productive. The reason is it has lots of nutrients such as fiber and antioxidants to keep you energized throughout the day!
- Calories – The amount of heat or energy that is required to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1°C. It is commonly used to describe food energy.
- Energy – provided by the carbohydrates, protein, and fat from the food and drinks we consume.
- Macronutrient – the nutrients that provide calories or energy required for normal growth, metabolism, and other functions of the body.