Dates are nutrient dense so you get more bang from each bite. Even a serving of 3 dates a day can make a noticeable difference for your health. Dates are high energy food sources – they are rich in fiber, super loaded with vitamins and minerals, and are an all-natural and organic all around clean source of food to have fuel your body and mind.
Dates are nutritionally optimal and beneficial for your health as they are:
- Slow resistant digestible carbohydrates - which means slower release and less disruption to blood sugar levels due to their low glycemic index and fiber content leaving you feeling more satisfied for longer.
- 100% naturally sweet and considered a ‘whole food’ – made of natural plant sugars found from the fruit and nutrient dense making it a recommended source as a pre and post workout snack.
- High in fiber – one serving of our dates offer 25% of your daily values in fiber, great for promoting gut health and digestive movement in the bowel and aiding with constipation.
- High in Anti-oxidants - filled with flavonoids, carotenoids and phenolic acid which can help with reducing inflammation and lowering the risk of cancer and heart diseases.
- Heart friendly from Potassium and Magnesium which can help in maintaining normal heart function and heartbeat.
- Energy dates contain a line of important vitamins and minerals which we feel will interest the health conscious individual. Full of B vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin and niacin – these vitamins play roles in metabolism, brain health and energy production. Our dates also contain Vitamin A which is known to support healthy retina and eyes, and Vitamin C in being important in improving immunity, acting as an anti-oxidant and cellular repair. Phosphorus minerals also serve as important components in cellular DNA and RNA reactions in our body and combine with calcium for strong bone and teeth formation. Zinc protects cells against damage from oxidative stress and helps with digestion and metabolism of energy yielding nutrients. Sodium can also assist with muscle contractions and internal fluid balance. And, finally, Manganese has its place in many chemical processes of nutrients in the body and for bone formation.
- Some studies have also shown that intake of dates during late pregnancy may assist with less labor intervention.